Saturday, December 22, 2007

Why I Like Mike...

Summed up simply in a quote by Huckabee on the stump in Iowa:

"They [the Republican establishment] don't mind having us vote for them. They don't mind having us empower them. They don't mind even coming and patting us on the head and telling us they'll think very seriously about taking to heart the issues we think important. But when they get elected, they forget who we are and they never push the issues we think are important. And they are scared to death that someone who isn't part of them might actually get elected and might actually go to Washington with a view saying 'I do know where I come from and I haven't forgotten where I've been and I go for all those people whose odds are stacked against them 20 to 1.'"

Read the rest of the article by Terry Eastland from the Weekly Standard here.